Total Time: 35 minutes
1.5 oz. lean turkey breakfast sausage
1/3 cup rice krispies cereal, crushed
2 eggs, hard-boiled
1.Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Pour cereal into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin or hands to crush the cereal until it becomes a powder consistency.
3. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add eggs.
4. Simmer eggs for 4 minutes, then drain the water and let the eggs cool.
5. Using a spoon, scoop out the sausage from its packaging and make two small patties on a cutting board.
6. Peel the hard boiled eggs, and place an egg on top of each patty.
7. Take additional sausage and cover the hard boiled eggs completely with the sausage.
8. Transfer the scotch eggs onto a cookie sheet using a spatula and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sausage is completely cooked and the top turns brown.